so this person was driven to suicide and the only soundbite PM will play is the head saying how ‘angry and betrayed’ ‘everyone’ feels. The evidence suggests Mr Goldberg never touched the boys nor shared the images. Obvs he shouldn’t have been filming the boys, but … death?
this following an extremely distressing program on awkward young men who pay for lessons in how to become a ‘pick-up artist’. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03w0118 (…I listened all the way through; I’m not sure what that means.) I want to scream, ‘you don’t have to accept this! you don’t have to be part of the problem!’ and also to crossdress forever to keep them off my back*. But screaming will disturb the neighbours so none of that I suppose.
*this actually works; the homophobic abuse recieved is nothing compared to the misogynistic abuse avoided. whoever knew etc.
- Starts off as excruciating social comedy, turns into a story (still comedic, still excruciating) of worrying about your friends committing suicide.
- Are these people known to social services? Won’t there be questions about the xxxx incident? What about visas? Never mind…
- Michael Fassbender is far too buff to be an indie musician.
- Interesting play with the structural role of John’s character — like, he wants this to be a feelgood story with him as the protagonist, right? But the situation doesn’t fit, and in trying to press this story onto it, he becomes destructively manipulative without trying to be anything other than affable and enthusiastic.
- I wrote in a notebook a while ago, ‘I want a story about ousiders that doesn’t end in death or assimilation’. I think … I may have got one. VERY MOVED, MUCH RECOMMEND